Tuesday, June 5

The Orkut Days..!

Remember those good old Orkut Days when Google's social networking byproduct was actually "The Real Facebook" in India and we could not think of anything beyond posting scraps on our friends scrapbook and writing testimonials about them.

What mattered most was the number of Hearts and Likes and Stars we would get from our friends and we shall always look for finding ways to increase scrap count on our profile. Rarely we would come across such a profile having 10000+ scraps or 999 HEARTS and if we did, we'll make sure we do enough research to find snippets or html codes that would trigger increase in number of scraps in our account. Can you imagine the popularity of word like "SCRAPS" thanks to Orkut's evolution.

But, the question is : Why am i writing this post? 

Neither it's Orkut's service anniversary nor its any form of RIP condolences. 

i actually found a very interesting picture, someone's Orkut profile image sitting comfortably in my hard disk which i must have saved a few years back when Orkut was reigning supreme (and was also judged MTV Youth ICON once!!!). It was a forwarded mail from an unknown email id.

Please click on the pic to have a clear view:
Gabbar's Orkut Profile - Sources : Email

But the DAWN of Facebook proved too fatal for Orkut and for Google, which ultimately forced many users (including me) to delete their Orkut account and sanctify oneself with the holy spirit of social networking website called 'FACEBOOK'

Have a Good Day!

29 comments:

  1. ahhh the days of orkut. I miss those days. And my what an orkut page that was :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. although i do not miss not being on Orkut but the only thing i liked so much in orkut was the community i created for my roommates and it was a big hit in my friend circle..

      thanks for dropping by..

      Delete
  2. I nevr joined orkut..but face book made me do it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you created an Orkut account after your facebook account .. ?

      strange because i killed my orkut account thanks to facebook :)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I hate social networking websites now. It always turns ugly for me >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, what you say is actually the ugly truth .. no networking site has ever done any good for anyone !

      one day surely i'll delete my facebook account as well..!

      thanks for dropping by Chintan !

      Delete
  4. I did join orkut, but it worked out to be so bad for me . I found that my girl friend was not just going out with me but with a few others too. the way it stored al lthe messages and all ..

    BUt thank god for orkut because had i married her , she would have been two timing me now even so I was saved :)

    so thank you orkut :)
    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh first time i read something where a social networking site actually saved someone :D

      but good for you 22g .. !

      wandering what kind of girl she would have been who tried cheating such a noble person like you !

      anyways, it all happens for good .. glad that you came out of it..thanks to Orkut..

      Delete
  5. I met my husband on Orkut, it has a special place in my life. BTW, this picture is super cool. Thanks for sharing this one Rahul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for liking the pic and good to know that this post brought back good old memories for you .. say my hii to your husband !

      thanks for visiting Saru !

      Delete
  6. Orkut is special to me as I met my husband on it. This photo is super cool and thanks for sharing this Rahul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Testimonials was also interesting :)

    regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it certainly was.. i used to force my friends to write testimonials for me .. so that i can show it other friends !!!

      Delete
  8. haaa YEAH :(
    i miss them
    while we were on 1st year, we will be searching girls in ORKUT :P
    now things changed, facebook killed orkut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you DK .. facebook killed Orkut .. and now Google plus is trying to kill facebook .. the war just got bigger !!!

      Delete
  9. cute pic brought smile on my face..well i ws nvr on Orkut so cnt tok bout my exp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. today i realize .. it was such a waste of time!!!

      good that you were never part of Orkut .. not worth it!!!

      Delete
  10. had some very good and very bad experiences with orkut ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i never took orkut so seriously so never came across any bad experiences as such !

      Delete
  11. I asked my friends to donate scraps because my scrap count was always low. Generous souls they were, they put some scraps like scrap 1, scrap2, etc and told everyone about it! Hmmm.......

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same pinch .. even i used to ask friends to donate scraps on my wall.. and they would happily type letters of english alphabets to increase my count!!!

      Delete
  12. gabbar singh's profile is killer!!! his friends, his community; absolutely loved it.

    had one default orkut id but never used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even i love this gabbar singh orkut profile deb!

      Delete
  13. I was on Orkut for exactly one week! Could never get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good that you didn't like it .. since the dawn of facebook it wasn't worth it to be on orkut!!!

      Delete
  14. nice profile of gabbar :D

    yeah FB wiped out orkut. i migrated too and hardly ever open my orkut a/c now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that's what i thought .. instead of keeping my dormant orkut account i decided to delete it forever!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...