Sunday, February 19

THIS IS IT!!!

Alright, before I scribble my ideas and talk about this post, I would like to apologize for the unexpected break I had in updating my blog and for not being in touch with other bloggers posts as I was busy moving my belongings from Chennai to Pune. But thanks to the “subscribe” option available on various blogs, I had all recent posts from various bloggers in my mail account!!!

**********************************************************************************

This is it. A new start, a new journey, a new today, I leave behind all the good/bad happened in the past, I start afresh on a new track as I take my first steps on Pune’s surface and kiss a final goodbye to Chennai once and forever!!!

Thank You Chennai !!!

I finally ended the Chennai Chapter which got started way back in year 2006 and took me almost 6 years to complete. It was journey of a lifetime I’ll remember every second every minute of my life.

Chennai holds lot of importance in my life as my career took off from here, a place which transformed me from ‘being nothing’ to ‘being something’ professionally. And 31st jan 2012 was the day I bid my final adieu (with a contented heart) to start a new chapter from Pune.

Thank you Chennai for all the happiness and dips of sorrow (no offense) I had while living in Tamil Nadu’s heart.

Post:

This post today marks the beginning of a new life, a new journey, as I stride onto the roads I always dreamt to be but never had a chance to realize my dream. I kept waiting for the right time till I understood a simple fact of life, it’s you who make it right and do not wait for fate to pull cards on your behalf. 

I am in Pune now, second best city after Ahmedabad in India for year 2011 as per TOI survey. It’s time to realize my conked-out dreams and make life clutter free. Not that I have any emotional attachment with this Maharashtrian city, truth is, I like being here for 2 reasons, one, it’s the so called ‘happening hub’ today and secondly, my apartment resides on a small piece of earth located in this city. Besides, I love the culture, the vibe and the ‘sense of being’ present in every nook and corner of this city. In one line if I have to define Pune, “city that never sleeps”.

The Journey Begins:

It’s been more than 2 weeks now that I am in Pune. It definitely took me more than expected time to settle down. Honestly, intercity transfer is not that easy as I expected it to be.

The day I reached, city was shivering with unwelcoming cold but wasn’t cold enough on my thermometer considering the number of years spent in the foothills of Himalayas. I am sure people from Chandigarh will find this place a second home, a second inning to start afresh the same good old life they had in UT till date.

Pune is just the right place to be if you are young, energetic and vibrant. I may not be wrong in saying that more than 70% of the inhabitants in Pune must be in the age group between 20 and 40 and rest filled with enthusiastic oldies. People love to be part of everyday fun and enjoy life here. Yes, they know the meaning of the word “LIFE” and enjoy IT every second.

Facts about PUNE:

-          Puneites love to eat. If you are in Pune, you’ll observe each and every corner on every other road turned into a small hangout place for students, professionals and food lovers. Rarely you’ll come across any food vendor sitting idle. Food joints and shops are omnipotent and a big hit in the city.

-          Alright, if Pueites are foodie they are health conscious as well. I believe this must be the only place of its kind in India today to have most number of health and wellness centers running all across the city. People may not have control on their taste buds but they do know how and when to control their waist lines and straighten their weight graphs by burning yesterday’s fat in gym today.

-          People in Pune need no reason to walk anytime of the day. Either its 4 in morning or 1 after midnight, you’ll always find crowd down the lane.

-          Pune is a self proclaimed hub for small business startups. If you have an idea good enough to pursue it as career option, welcome to Pune. There’s no age bar here, people from all sorts of life find contentment in whatever business they are involved in.

-          Puneris do not crib about lingo. If you are not Marathi, it doesn’t matters!!! What matters is whether you have the zeal to live life ‘the Pune way’ or not and frankly, Puneites are very helpful and amicable towards strangers.

-          Pune’s climate is very similar to Chandigarh’s climate. Pune is beautiful and surrounded by Sahadri hills forming a circle.

-          If you are in Pune for a short visit, FC Road, JM Road, Tekkdi, Amanora, Lavasa, and NDA Khadakvasla are the places worth visiting.

-          Last but not the least, a cautionary fact, every red government bus in Pune is not driven by Mane but I completely disagree to this statement because of the recent bus rampage by some maniac Mane which killed quite a number of innocents in the city.

These were my findings about the city in last 20 days. As my journey progress, I’ll keep writing and updating about the serendipity of events that unfolds like a new surprise in my everyday life.

P.S:

Notifications:

February month holds lot of importance in my life as:

-          I moved to Pune forever. This is my 100th post on Cognitive Amalgamation Blog and 1st from Pune!!!

-          My first Valentine in Pune post marriage.

-          I celebrated my first wedding anniversary today.

-          I and my wife laid the foundation of our very own Training Center this month and will soon be launching the website.

Thanks for taking out time to read this post.

Have a great week ahead !

37 comments:

  1. Great to find so much good news in one page! I love the spirit in which they celebrate their festivals in Pune. I was there once during the Ganesh festival, and boy, don't they have energy!! Wishing you all the best for your new venture.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you DI for the wishes.

      yes kind of completed too many milestones this month :-)

      and i guess am loving this city more and more with every passing day :-)

      rahul

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Rahul..for your new venture and anniv. both! wishing you ahead a road of success and happiness!

    Though I nevr met you in chennai, but your leaving chennai makes me feel sad:)

    Pune is my favourite city too..it has all the advantages of big city and comforts of small town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ma'm .. i wish i could have meet you while i was in Chennai .. i'll always miss this chance for the rest of my life ..

      and i felt sad leaving Chennai after 6 years of companionship i had developed here .. but i am more excited now to finally make it to Pune for rest of my life :-)

      thank you once again for the wishes and i completely agree with you, Pune is one such place which has comfort for all !

      Delete
  3. FEB IS AN IMPORTANT MONTH FOR ME TOO :P :P CHEERS
    FROM CHENNAI SUPER KINGS TO SAHARA PUNE WARRIORS :P :P
    GOOD LUCK BRO !--D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      lol .. CSK to SPW :-)

      loved your comment Dee..

      thanks for the wishes !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  4. A great spirited post, Rahul. Congratulations for your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for liking the post Arun and thanks for the wishes as well !

      Delete
  5. Congratulations..Too many milestones in one post! Way to go :) Looking forward to hearing more on your progress.

    BTW, you have been tagged, hope you enjoy taking part in this

    http://intertwinedthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged-tag-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Rahul

      i thikn you are just rocking with lot of milestones at the same time

      Delete
    2. first of all, thank you for the lovely wishes .. will keep posting as i achieve more milestones with each passing day :-)

      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for the tag .. definitely it will take me eons to write such a post kidding .. :P

      but thanks once again for the tag .. peeped into your tag post and found it very interesting !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  6. Very Nice Post... Pune is very happening...you must visit places like sinhagad fort, panseth, mulshi dam, hariharwshwar, goa... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when you are along with me i'll make sure we visit all these places you mentioned my angel :-)

      Delete
  7. Many Many congratulations to you Rahul for your new ventures and belated Happy Anniversary!!..Loved this post very much..I have spent my last 3 year in pune and I really enjoyed my stay there..hope to get back to pune soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the lovely wishes Poonam . hey look forward to meet you sooner than later in Pune .. i just can't wait to taste the yummy recipes you prepare :P :P :P

      rahul

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on all the milestones and for all your happy moments! Loved the review of the city, wish you all the very very best for the times to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arti for the wishes !

      good to know that you liked the review !

      Delete
  9. congrats on all the good happenings in your life...may this trend continue. and what a nice picture you have painted of this city---enough to lure anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) :-) :-)

      thank you Indu !

      thanks for dropping by .. you must visit Pune once to live and experience the magic called LIFE !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  10. Cheers to a new year and new beginnings. What a way to celebrate your anniversary - with a brand new venture and all that excitement!

    Pune brace yourself for Rahul ~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ma'm for the lovely wishes !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  11. First of all congratulations on your anniversary and best of luck for your stay in Pune. I studies in Fergusson college and it's a city close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kajal for the lovely wishes .. sorry for replying so late to your comment ..

      OKAY my reaction was WOOOOW when i read you are from FC College .. i guess it's the most happening place in Pune and you were associated with it .. again a bigger WOOOOW

      am already in love with Pune :-)

      Delete
  12. Congrats my friend .. and happy anniversary to you Both ..

    all the best in the new venture and way to goooo ... so much happening in february and congrats on the 100th post toooo :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou thankyou thankyou Bikram Veerji !

      always wait for your comment on each of my post :D :D :D

      Delete
  13. all the best Rahul and belated happy anniversary. lovely post, got to know so much about Pune.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so true. Pune has the young vibe, thanks to the students and the software industry.

    And what I love about the Pune most? (lol, am no foodie but when it comes to finding plush pure veg place anywhere in India, ure in for a disappointment) .. the city has a Veg only restaurant in its five-star property Marriott!!!

    good luck rahul,,, u'll certainly enjoy the place,, n whenever u need a change, Mumbai is just around the corner ;)

    http://styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey SD,

      thanks for visiting !

      thanks for the wishes and i believe Pune is just 1% of what Mumbai is .. would love to be part of Mumbai as well someday and live it every second every minute of my life !!!

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  15. Congrats! And you seem to have found a city after your heart :) When I worked in Mumbai, I travelled to Pune on work, infrequently, and it reminded me of Chandigarh - a similar happening, youthful, cosmopolitan vibe.

    Enjoy the city, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Manreet,

      so finally i have someone who believe that Pune has the same vibe as that of Chandigarh :-)

      thanks for the lovely wishes and definitely i'll live my heart in this city for the rest of my life !!!

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  16. congratulations! and hope you've fun in the city you seem to have so much love for! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Raphael for the best wishes !

      rahul

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...