Tuesday, February 21

Salvation On The Platter - Part I


If you are in Pune, you must try what I categorize as “Legendary” food items available in every nook and corner of the city.

If you are in Pune, you must try:

     Dhabeli at any roadside hawker’s stall or at any desi fast food joint.

Google Images
If you happen to be near to Karwe Putla Chownk, Kothrud, try Dhabeli at small shops next to Sumitra Veg. restaurant. Mouth watering, it’s an ultimate salvation for mind and body. And just in case, you still don’t find it mouth slobbering, try Cheese Dhabeli at the same place. This will surely make you drool over completely, something you’ll cherish for a long long time.

You can also try Dhabeli on FC road as well.

Price: Dhabeli: 10 bucks, Cheese Dhabeli: 20 bucks!!!

Isn’t it inexpensive!!!

     Cad-B officially started by ‘IceCream Magic’ Ice Cream parlor in Kothrud and now available all across the city turned out to be an overnight success for Ice Cream Magic. I wonder if they got the recipe of this chocolate ice cream patented.

Anytime of the day, any day of the week, you’ll always find youngsters gathered all around Ice Cream Magic parlor. It has turned out to be a breeding ground for all Puneris.

All in all, Cad-B is magic and a treat for Chocolate lovers!!!

Price: Cad-B: 40 bucks

     Rabri Jalebi available at ‘The kadhai’ fast food restaurant on FC Road, Pune will surely make one nostalgic and take us to the happy days of our lives.

Google Images
I and my wife stopped over at ‘The Kadhai’ restaurant (on a friend’s suggestion) which was started a year back, today, sandwiched between ‘Apache’ bar and ‘Venky’s Chicken’ bistro, opposite Fergusson College, Pune.

If you are not a diabetic and a big fan of desi ghee jalebis mixed with malai rabri, you must visit this place known for its ethnic Rajasthan food products.

I am sure you must have had rabri and jalebi individually a thousand times but the mysterious combination of the two will keep surprising you with every bite. I must admit, an experience worth remembering.

Price: Rabri Jalebi: 40 bucks

Google Images
     Missal Paav available on Paud Road, Pune. A Maharashtrian food item made from Sev and other farsaan food items. Add a little spice to it, I bet, after finishing this, you’ll go crazy and can even light up a cigarette from your lips.

Price: Missal Paav : 25 bucks

Isn’t Pune economical with reasonable price of food items!!!

     Coffee at Durga Café in Kothrud, Pune. I haven’t tried this but the day is not far when I and my wife will enjoy an evening here, sipping shots of the legendary coffee available here.

Price: Coffee: 15 bucks

     Chocolate Paan on FC Road, Pune. Sounds crazy right but the yummiest paan I ever had in my life. Paan soaked in Chocolate with a cheery on top of it.
Google Images

The variety of sweets and food items available in Pune will surely make every Puneite overlook their increasing waist lines.

Price: Chocolate Paan: 20 bucks

     Chocolate Sandwich on FC Road, Pune. You must have had Veg. sandwich, cheese sandwich and many other universal sandwiches that are easily available now and then. But have you ever tried or heard of ‘Chocolate Sandwich’?

Telling what it is made of or what its contents are is like screwing someone’s excitement by telling the end of a half read novel.

Google Images
You really want to know what it is, you must try it.

Price: Chocolate Sandwich: 40 bucks

If eating all these food items is a sin in the holy book of "being healthy", i am ready to commit such sins again and again!!!
This is my list of 7 sins (food items) one must commit to live Pune’s life.

I’ll keep updating my list as I explore more about Pune in days to come.

Do let me know if you’ve tried or will try any of these mouth water-watering food arrays.

Also enlighten me if there is more food items available in market which you believe can be part of my list.

29 comments:

  1. a list of 7 sins one MUST commit? good one Rahul :))

    btw, i am reading this post at 9 in the morning and all the lovely pics of food is ....you can imagine what it is doing to me :D

    nice read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol

      i posted this monday late night for readers to read this next day's morning intentionally .. hehehehe

      thanks for liking the post !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  2. Why did you write about food Rahul? I just brushed my teeth. I am hungry now and have to munch something...

    When I was in Pune, my friends took me to this famous sweet shop and I had something called Bakar Vadi for the first time. Well, for my next visit, I will keep the above items in mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies Saru !!!

      will remember next time while publishing the post when not to publish ..lol :P

      Bakar Vadi, thanks for reminding my about it, i somehow forgot to mention about it in this very post .. it's my fav. as well... here's an interesting fact about bakar vadi .. it's only made in Pune by Chitle Bandu and exported all over india !

      on your next visit to Pune, i'll get you as much bakar vadu you want :-)

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  3. I also loved dhabeli and misal pao and till now havent got like that anywhere else:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'm am sure it's difficult to find the same taste anywhere else in the whole of india !

      But no worries, if you happen to visit Pune anytime in future, we'll go together and enjoy all such salvations .. i mean food items !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  4. Badi gazab ki bhookh lagi,Missal Paav,Rabri Jalebi chahiye abhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......

    i love laxminarayan chiwada also so please wo bhi chahiye...lol...
    mouth watering post rahul................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arrey aap kaash apni family ke saath Pune mein hote Indu ... main aapko yeh sabhi items khilwaane lekar chalta ... aap aagoey Pune toh bataana pakke se !

      laxminarayan chiwada noted...will be in my next post for sure !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  5. yummy yummy :D
    wanna eat all of them :D
    --Dee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe...

      come to Pune Dee...will go together and have all that is available !

      rahul

      Delete
  6. dabeli, Joshi Vada Pav and Bhel
    now i am feeling hungry
    nice pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you in Pune .. if yes just lemme know..w'll go on the street once again and enjoy this yummy delight !

      Delete
  7. OMg... look at all the food I love..Except that jalebi/rabri.Please have the Vada Pav from near the PArsi Agiari.. and not to forget Shreberry biscuits from Kayani.. Now my mouth is watering and I am not going to India soon...:(

    so nice to read about the street food..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries Kajal, next time i go for an outing, i'll order everything in 2, one i'll have on your behalf :P :P :P

      Delete
  8. oooh oooh drooling on that jalebi now .. missal paav and the chocolate oooh
    No no I WANT all of them one after the other and then repeat is please ..

    droooling not fair to leave us like that .. courier someeee

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikram Veerji,

      i can very well imagine the yearning to have all of these again and again :-)

      it's a promise on your next visit to india, if you happen to be in Pune, i'll make sure you get the best taste of the city repeatedly !!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Rahul, god willing Will meet up some day

      Delete
  9. I could be penalised for falling for every dish I rest my eyes on ..I'm such a big time glutton! :D

    Your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jen for liking the post !

      hey am a big time glutton too, we our members of the same club then :D

      Delete
  10. Oh why oh why oh why?!! Why would you do this to us poor mortals - such sumptuous snacks so well presented and imagine me, sitting away from India, having to prevent saliva drooling all over my keyboard :))

    I'll have a misl pav, rabri jalebi and hot coffee for takeaway!

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first of all, thank you Manreet for taking out time to write a comment on my post. i am honored !

      thanks for liking the post Manreet.

      if you are in India and by any chance plans to visit Pune, IM me, i'll make sure we have all the nest things available in Pune.

      thank you once again for dropping by.

      btw, Manreet, i went to Landmark yday to buy "The Long Walk Home" but i guess it was out of stock !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  11. i m going to go out now and look for some jilebis. mouth watering. may be if i visit Pune one day, i ll visit all these places u have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do not visit alone, take me with you. i know all the places where you get the best of Pune :D

      Delete
  12. Drooling here at te listed 7 sinful Foods. Luv the last one much.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so can we expect a recipe for the last one now Christy :P

      Delete
  13. This was a sinful post >:< I am dying to eat all of the above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. met me be your partner in crime. where shall we go? :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...