Wednesday, February 29

12 Months, 12 Lessons And A Year Old Marriage


Google Images

P.S: if you are bachelor or below 22, you must stop reading this post immediately as it is solely meant for married couples and their take on lives.

Let me be very honest while writing this post in the month of February as I complete one year of successful marriage!

I was very speculative about my decision whether to get married or not at such an early stage of my life last year. I always felt this isn’t the right time and the day is too far for me to change my facebook status from being single to married and till then, live life clutch free and without any ties to a new being. But it all changed on the 50th day last year and the timing couldn’t be any better. I got married to the love of my life. Although my name remained as it is but my account at bachelors club expired on 19th February.

Today, when I look back on how the year went by, I thank the almighty stars I least believe in for not postponing my marriage and making me realize that it was a good decision after all.

Marriage redefined the meaning of life for me. My way of looking at things and making decisions changed completely as I transitioned mentally in making choices to an approach where every decision made had a direct impact on other as well. The results no longer belonged to any one individual but affected both.

Today, I have someone who cares, share thoughts and have feelings for me and look after me in thick and thin.  With the way life’s been in last 1 year, I wish, she should have entered much before I completed 28 chapters of my age. I liked the change marriage brought within me for good.

I thank my beloved wife Savita for the love, the happiness and prosperity she brought along as she entered my life this month last year.

The reason for writing this post is to celebrate my sweet November every year from now on in February (Also Valentine celebrations).

Here’s a list of 12 lessons I learnt every month starting from February 2011 till date:

February: Appreciate her for such a wonderful life and always treat her as your best friend.

March: Take life easy, go slow. Think before making a move (no pun intended!). Be proactive but do not rush into things as every decision made will always have a serious impact on both of you.

April: Never confront with her in outsider’s defense. There’s no point to scuffle for someone not even remotely related. It’s the family that matters. Leave outsiders outside the house else you’ll end up disturbing the tranquility.

May: Everyday is a celebration.

“Every day above ground is a good day”.

Every day is important, make it beautiful. Celebrate togetherness.

June: Leave your anger outside the house. Do not create a room for anxiety, frustration within you or in the house. It may prove expensive!

If it’s difficult to control your fury, try being on the Neutral Land for some time, like Lillie and Marshal (from How I Met Your Mother) and wait for frustration to recede.

July: Help her in doing daily chores even if she doesn’t demand.  Split the work and help her in whatsoever way possible.1% of your assistance will surely add 100% love to your relation.

August: Learn to give space to an individual. Develop trust and live life freely and without clutches.

September: Let go, do not create dependency. Be independent. Learn as much possible and never rely on things to fall in place automatically when she’s sick or not around.

October: Never condemn. Doesn’t matter if it’s the undercooked food or an incomplete task, respect her for the efforts!

November: Share ideas, share thoughts and tell her how much importance she holds in your life.

December: Never get into the blame game. Never count or make her realize the mistakes she ever made. Nobody’s perfect, neither you nor I.

January: Always listen to your partner and learn to value what she says. Have patience, never jump to conclusion. She’s your better half, give respect to her words.

These are the 12 lessons I learnt from one year of successful marriage.

Thank you for reading the post!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

P.S: This post is written with no intention to celebrate Women’s Day in advance! J

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I dont (yet) qualify the conditions you put at the beginning of the post..yet i would say. this was 1 lovely -straight from the heart post - Hope Savita has read it too.

    May u churn up many more lovely posts, as your bond gets strengthened with each passing year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Viyoma for dropping by..

      hey, even am not sure why i wrote such a post but felt like writing it. it may be too personal to publish here but i was just not able to control myself :P

      Delete
  2. sincerely i read the P;S part and stopped there itself...
    will take a visit to this post after some years :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Dee will talk about this after few years :D

      Delete
  3. just got one thing to say- your wife must be proud of you and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sir ji, lovely thoughts on the whole year and heres wishing that every year goes in happiness always and wishing you many many manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy years of happy married life ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Veer ji for such a lovely comment and the blessings !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  5. You have got your life lessons intact.Will only make things easier! :-P

    How i wish every guy reads this!

    Cheers,
    My world, my thoughts, my musings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am trying my level best to share this among all the married guys i know :P

      thanks for dropping by Upasana !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  6. u r quite a matured person :D. lovely post as usual. yes everyday is a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deb for the appreciation and for liking the post.

      marriage did bring some maturity within me !

      Delete
  7. Belated Happy Anniversary. Marriage teaches us a lot of things....What a beautiful way to celebrating the institution...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the wishes Saru.

      yes i had my piece of learning in 1 year and decided to celebrate it by writing a post about it :-)

      Delete
  8. And, please pass on my wishes to Savita as well...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she reads each and every comment published on my post..so i believe by now she must have seen your wishes :-)

      will convey her once again...

      thank you Saru

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  9. Belated Happy Anniversary Rahul and please convey my best wishes to Savita also......All the very best for your bright future...God bless both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Seema for the lovely wishes .. :-)

      a big thanks to all from Savita and me !

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  10. This is so cute. Belated wishes to Savita and you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for liking the post and for the wishes Jenny .. will convey your wishes to Savita as well !

      Delete
  11. Sweet, really sweet...i think even the unmarried ppl shd read this to overcome marriage fear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mona.. glad to know that you liked it !

      how are you doing ..?

      how's life ?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...