Wednesday, January 11

Into The Wild

Confessions of an IT Engineer – Part 2

********************

"Where were you?"

“I went to submit resignation and surrender my ID card today.”

"What, are you out of your mind? Have you gone completely insane?  What was the need for you to do that?"

“Well, it’s a very calculative risk I took and I am ready to face the music.”

"Face my foot you dumb-a**. You think yourself to be Joey Tribiyani who liked quitting before applying his brains’ to the job in hand?"

“I gave a lot of thinking to this and finally made my decision.”

"But till yesterday you had this offer to go to UK for 2 years and today you resigned from the company. Do you have any backup plan?"

“No, I am completely jobless now. I have to start searching for a job from scratch.”

"Dude (I meant you a**), do you understand what you are saying. Does words like ‘recession’, ‘sabbatical’, ‘being jobless’ holds any meaning to you? Even a dumb soul knows when not to quit than how on earth could you be so dim-witted?"

“I wasn’t satisfied with my job. The year’s frustration was boiling right below me. I always felt, this is not me. This is not what I want from life. It’s either I stop here today and hunt to follow my passion or I continue to be a literate slave amongst the crowd. So today I got a chance to throw my towel in the ring. And who knows this may turn out to be a beginning of a new chapter.”

(Or)

"End of the beginning!!!

This was your first company after graduation and now you’re last for retirement. This organisation gave you an identity and put you on the map of IT industry. It made you see places. You covered almost half of the world thanks to your ex-employer and now you say you were not satisfied and you call it a quit today? Whatever dude, you screwed up!!!"

“I know it’s complex and very hard for you to digest but I had my own priorities and concerns I couldn’t ignore.”

As I said this, the mirror shattered into pieces and the conversation with myself ended abruptly.

********************

Anyways, I walked out of the organization and did not turn back to see it for the last time. Ethically, professionally, I may be incorrect in the way I parted from the organization but I was satisfied to break this jinx of being in 1 company in Chennai (no offense meant) for more than 5 years.

There was no farewell, none to walk along as I moved out of the campus, I guess, I was back to where I started 6 years ago after the graduation.

18 comments:

  1. @ magiceye, @ Divenita

    thank you for the wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the taking the move! I am so able to relate your emotions as i come from the same industry ;-) Well, in my case i loved the job but i needed something new all the time and i like some adrenaline rush in life :-)

    Follow your heart and i am sure you will live every moment of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda difficult to explain to people what you think as we like to live by the book. Following your heart is a brave man's work, thats all I can say...

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Deepak,

    thanks buddy !

    @ Divya,

    i wish i could say the same for my job .. anyways

    thank you for your wishes .. i know what i have in mind will definitely help me to achieve what my passion is no matter how bad the struggle its gonna be...

    thanks for dropping by...

    regards
    rahul

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Saru,

    yes i never wanted to be part of rat race ..

    i am not sure but i believe what i am going to do now i will slowly and steadily will be able to pull it off and be a success in it..

    thanks for the wishes Saru...

    regards
    rahul

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was an impulsive decision i guess but at times we need to break free and follow what our heart says..so all the best to the new beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to completely honest with yourself to take such a decision. How many of us can do that?

      Bravo.

      Delete
    2. no it wasn't an impulsive decision Alka .. i've been waiting just for the right time to hit the cord .. finally i made up my mind and went ahead .. lets see how good/bad this decision turns out for me...thanks for the wishes...

      Delete
  7. thank you Purba ..

    but frankly, even i am scared whether i'll be able to survive or not .. lets hope for the best :-)

    rahul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope All is well and for Good I Suppose. All the Best Rahul. U R an honest Man - rare to ind.Best Wishes . Subscribed and following U 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Christy ..

      i hated myself for what i was so i took this bold step...

      thanks for your wishes

      regards
      rahul

      Delete
  9. good luck very few can do this what you did

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks SM .. life is a struggle no matter how it comes .. one must always be prepared for the worst!!!

    thanks for dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. thank you buddy. thanks for the wishes.

      regards
      rahul

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...