Tuesday, November 25

3 Wet Leaves

July’ 2004: Chandigarh

“Hey, Rahul, It’s raining, you better stay in your room.

Meantime, I’ll prepare a hot cup of tea along with your favorite allu samosas and jalebi I got from market”, the voice came from kitchen.

I nodded my head to send waves of consent as an affirmation to the announcement ignoring the fact that I was in my room and mom in kitchen. I was all very relaxed, sitting comfortably in my bed and looking outside my room’s window opening to the pleasant view of drizzle.

The tranquil Climate encouraged me to stay back till mom gets something to eat.

July’s shower and the leaves’ hustling added peace within me.

“Getup and have tea!!!” she echoed while entering the room.

I sat beside her and enjoyed my cup of tea.

We spoke for a while before we both went silent and started looking out.

She held my hand and wished for life to be as peaceful as the weather today.

I smiled back at her before changing my position.

She smiled back and kissed me on forehead before leaving the room.

I hoped for this moment to stay forever and said it to myself, “this rain shall stay forever.”

July’ 2006: Patiala

“Hey, sweetheart, it’s so very romantic, you and I together, holding hands, enjoying every second of this moment with each falling rain drop” she muttered looking through the class room window.

“Yes and I hope this moment to cease forever!!!” I replied.

“We promised to be like this, loving each other in all time frames”, she added.

It was our first experience, holding hands, watching rain and telepathy was the only medium for our communication.

Neither of us wanted to leave and hoped “for this rain to never to stop”!!!

July’ 2008: Chennai

“Hey, Rahul, it’ you, all alone in this cyclonic weather and storming rain, away from home, here on terrace of your office building, water dripping through your coffee” came the voice from within.

It was louder and clearer then the thundering noise outside.

I was isolated dead being, insane as the rain.

With each sip of water over my coffee, my mind ran across all the wrong decisions I made in life.

I stood nowhere today, almost on the brink of falling thanks to the unexpected, unwanted choices I made in the past.

The darkness surrounded me like the rain water inundating the roads.

None was talking except the guzzling winds in this emphatic rain.

At this moment, I remembered the first few lines of the song from linkin’ Park:

I tried so hard,

But not so far,

In the end,

It just didn’t even matter…


The rain was in no mood to undergo a facelift neither was my life.

I stood silent and wished for just one thing today, “God, please make this rain to stop forever."

23 comments:

  1. beere ye kya kikha haii ......

    tu aur akele hum kaha gaye yaar ..

    bhool gaya vo din jo hmm ne saath bithaye ,... bhol jao beere july 2006 aur yaar karoo july 2008 se nov 2008 ka suffer jo hm loggo ne saath mai bitaya ...

    bere im always there ..


    akela kaisse ho sakta hai tu ..

    tuy to apni jana haii :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haan beere...u r toh alwayz there...i know...hor main nahi bhulla koi bhi din....sab yaad hai....miss u beere...sorry to add abt u in th blog....galti ho gayi....but miss u yaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. *********************************
    Dec,2009

    "I never knew, snow flakes can look this beautiful".As i look out of my window in my room at "University of Chicago"., on the other side of the globe.
    I have loads of assignments to finish, as a part of the MBA im doing.,But nothing is gonna dither me from enjoying this new face of nature., leaving behind the past., as i ponder how i've become strong over these 3 years............................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ***********************************

    Rahul, hope u will write something like this by this time next year...
    I'm waiting for that day... :).And i know, my wait will be over soon.

    Time chnages, and everything will change for the better..Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah kavitha...lets hope th way u've put dec 2009...it really turns out that way.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely written bro... Really liked it.... Was able to relate it to myself.. awesome dude... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ sumit

    yeah, dude, this is more of related to all of us.....ive written it in such a way...keepin in view th pain v guys hav gone thru....any1 can relate to whatever is scribbled in this post....

    thnx for the appreciation buddy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Random thoughts very beautifully inscribed..After reading I felt all emotions u tried to express.. man u have traits of a very gr8 writer.. Keep writing stuff.

    P.S:Each time i read any of ur articles i feel that u r growing as a writer. Can we expect a book from u soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey zabi...thanx for reading the article...and yeah very soon...may be 5 or 10 years down the line...u may see a book in the store with my name as the writer on it...hehe....kidding but if u say so that my writing has improved...then i guess the day is not far enuf for me to write my own book 1 day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain is same , the season is same , rahul is same .. The only thing which has changed is time and the situations and people associated with him...!!!!
    but one thing is for sure ki u will never be alone .. there r few people who will be always there ...may be it is not me... but u will find a friend who can replace me..and at that moment...he will be giving u a helping hand... !!! U miss ur momments.. and here some one misses u !!!! this is what may be is known as laughing Life !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah...lets see....lets hope this lonliness is overshadowed in a jiff...but guys like u...who were each and every moment were/are so close to me...will never be replaced by any1 else...u people r 1 important phase of my life which i would love to never forget.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah dude u have shared a real touching experience yaar,

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah samir...felt like writing sumthin upclose to my heart in past few years....thnx for dropping by....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rahul...really good write-up...
    it was very real and could see myself correlating with all the moments except the middle one...:-O
    Really improving on the thing on daily basis, high time u start writing a novel...may be what not to do when working with a big shot company....

    ReplyDelete
  14. naa i don think raghav...it's still a rght time to write a novel....but surely will start 1 sumday...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rahul
    Very interesting blogs :)
    Am Sumit's fren... he tells a lot about you :)
    Good going..keep rocking!

    Regards
    Sowjanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey Sowjanya....thnx for passing by....
    yeah i know abt u.....courtesy: sumit... hehe

    even he talk a lot abt u.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. beer'e...long time aftr re-readingg ur post...heres a commnt ...on the "forever" part of 3 wet leaves..coz its abt those special moments we wish to last forever..,something everyone can relate to at some point in our lives..
    An excerpt from ‘The Horse Whisperer” , by Nicholas Evans…
    // “If only u could make now last forever“,Frank said..
    “I guess thats all Forever is”….father said…“Just one long trail of Nows.All u can do is try to live one Now at a time…without getting too worked up about the previous Now or the next Now…”

    ReplyDelete
  18. thnx ANO...for visiting....

    hey those words from Evans r too good....says to live in the present i mean NOW than thinking of all the previous NOWs.....2 good man...

    u definitely made me live in this moment forever by posting this comment...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  19. "They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever "
    ~Wilde

    No idea why this thot came into my mind! :-o

    Nevertheless a delicate yet magnificent portrayal of transformation !?

    Or should i say superlative? :)

    2 gud

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nd I am nt able to see the follower gadget???!!!!
    Put that
    there are many (well at least one) out here wanting to follow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey nandhini...thnx for the comment....and yes u can definitely blogroll me....hehe...no need of the gadget just the subscribe thing will do....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice write up. Title really appealed me the most.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...