Thursday, September 18

A Wednesday, Tahaan, Aamir, Rock ON Review

The Bollywood Industry has certainly come of age this year. I won’t call it as the Indian cinema as we have multiple film industries running within the country. But, personally speaking, the drought has come to an end with movies like ‘a Wednesday’, ‘Tahaan’, ‘Aamir’ and the biggest blockbuster of the year ‘Rock On’ making mark this September, all thanks to the prodigal/veteran actors and directors.
Movies like Jodha Akbar did its best to rock the box office when the year started. Irrespective of the talented team of Hrithik Roshan, Ashutosh Gowaritkar and Aishwarya Rai, the movie hit itself with the face on the ground. This was enough to fire the recession in Hindi cinema. Hollywood blockbusters and regional movies shot SOS to save the box office. Even a movie buff like me began to lose interest in Hindi movies and took to more creative world of gaming and reading.

Few good clicks and right moves not only moved the movie sensex rocketing sky high in the second half of the year, even I decided to abruptly end this so called cold war with the movies.

So, it turned out a visual treat for me. Here I’m with 4 latest movie reviews from Bollywood which hooked me back to the screen and will definitely hook you too.

Rock On: Alias ‘DIl Chahta Hai – With GUTIARS’. Full marks to Abhishek Kapoor (the director of the movie), Farhan Akhtar (for his acting and singing), Arjun Rampal – for the stunning killer looks and the guy can act too; Purab and Luke Kenny.
You’ve heard Pink Floyd; you’ve loved Iron Maiden, now plug this new Indian rock music in your ears and let the music rule.
If you are a guy like me who love to hit the floor with head bangs and foot stampings, here’s one Indian flick with a complete western makeover ‘Rock On’, India’s first rock movie for you. What should I say about this movie, am speechless, this movie tops all the countdowns, all chartbusters and is rated as best rock movies ever made in the history. Farhan’s singing ‘Sindabad the Sailor’ and other songs left every jaw touch the grounds and made every same insane. Whether it’s the theme or the acting or the music, everything ruled my senses. Passion for rock music and the idea to live your dream made every movie goers watch this movie not twice but thrice. The urban director Farhan took to acting and the struggling actor Abhishek took to direction. The movie simply rocked and I added it to the playlists of greatest rock music makers of this century. My take of the movie 10/10.

A Wednesday: Very rarely on earth you get to see a show which has veteran protagonists like Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah sharing thoughts on one platform together (definitely, a deadly combination like that of Morgan Freeman and Sean Connery together). It’s like icing on the cake. My main idea to watch this movie was to see who outperforms others in it. The truth is just another CLASSIC from the duo. A must watch. It comes up with something that was never told in the history of Indian cinema before as to what happens one Wednesday between 2 to 6’ afternoon. This movie definitely says newbie directors like Neeraj Pandey can even make projects like ‘a Wednesday’. My take is 9/10.

Tahaan: Definitely, a movie made for the children with the subject not at all childish. Tahaan, for me, was an exception from the mainstream cinema, a kind of intelligent work from the usual cinema. I was not expecting much from the movie but on a friend’s advice went for it and came out wandering how big and open in ideas our Hindi cinema has turned out to be.
Story of a boy named ‘Tahaan’ who happens to end up with a grenade in his hand while searching for his lost donkey. A child’s desire to give services on his donkey to finally land up with a bomb in his kitty is a mature subject as per to me. Awesome direction. My take 8/10.

Aamir: I knew I’d gambled when I took the risk of watching a movie which had 2 new profiles put together to convince the viewers. The probability of hitting it big was one out of ten. But Rajeev Khandelwal and Amit Trivedi broke the jinx with the movie ‘Aamir’. They did it and did it in style. A story about a NRI guy who faces the assault, the humiliation because of the name he carried and finally ends in the vicious circle of terrorism and giving up his life as a human bomb to save the public in the bus. Truly a masterpiece. A must watch and listen to few of the songs of it like ‘allah hu hafiz’, the movie just rocked. I would take it as 1 big hit of the year. Rajeev has proved his mettle not only to act on small screen but to play serious roles on big screen too. If you haven’t watched it till now, do not prolong
your feast further, go grab it. My take 9/10.

Looking forward to review movies like ‘ghajjini’, ’golmaal returns’ and ’drona’ as am expecting a lot from them before this year comes to an end.

5 comments:

  1. yes rohit....
    its been a revival of sorts for me too..having been on a similar cold war with movies...gettin to see some 'real' movies has been refreshing..n bollywood flicks tht too..!n very few refreshing movies/ movie makers down south this year...thts definitely what made me interested in watchin out for hindi flicks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey n dude...am new to ur blog...cool write ups u comin up with..!!
    Rock oN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops..,,,n a BIG spellin mistake!!
    ur Rahul..not rohit..sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ano...
    thanx once again for visiting the blog and thnx for the comments too...
    well yes the hindi cinema has really come of age this yr.....lets see what the rest of th yr has hidden for us....

    it's ok....sometimes mistakes happen with the names...chill....

    and hey thnx for the compliment....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rahul beere,

    I am banging my head on wall now as I didn't read this blog of urs and missed really coooool, nice FLICKS which hit the box office few days back!!!!
    But with GOD's grace, saw ROCK ON!!!! during 2nd week of its release, nd was completely spellbound with Farhan Akhtar's versatility.. till now I (rather everybody) was thinking he is only a good director who comes to this world once in a century or millennium but I don't know what to say now after seeing his mind blowing performance as "ADITYA SHAROFF"... I sometime feel his reel life character is so very familiar with my real life character (only difference is I don't have such a beautiful, nice caring gal with my side!!!! :@)... ok I guess I am getting deviated from the topic....

    Bottom line nice movies hitting the screens these dayzz and idiots like me missing those because of their personal commitments but then COMPROMISE KAUN NAHI KARTA!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...